Scholarships To Study In Europe: If you’re a prospective international student planning to study in Europe at bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral level, you might be eligible for a scholarship.
Scroll down the list below for a range of other scholarships to study in Europe…
Scholarships To Study In Europe Anywhere:
- Educations.com Study a Master’s in Europe Scholarship – A scholarship of €5000 is open for all international students studying a master’s degree at any European university, starting in autumn 2020.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships – Initiative led by the European Commission to provide funding for students all over the world to study in Europe at selected institutions.
- Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship – A $2,000 prize is available to a student currently enrolled in the UK or any European Union (EU) country as a high school, undergraduate or graduate student. You will need to submit an essay to apply and the scholarship is open to all nationalities. Scholarships To Study In Europe
To study in Austria:
- Austrian Government Scholarships – Monthly scholarships of €1,050 available for up to four months for international students of all study levels.
- Grants.at – A searchable database of scholarships to study abroad in Austria.
- (IDM) Danubius Young Scientist Award in Austria – The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) is offering a €1,200 (US$1,350) scholarship to exceptional young scientist (one from each country in the Danube region).
- OFID funding for International Students in Austria 2019/20 – Students from developing countries are provided with the opportunity to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2019/20, which is funded by OPEC Fund for International Development.
- Die Presse funding for MSc Environmental Technology & International Affairs – Two half-scholarships (worth € 13,300 each) scholarship for international students to study MSc Environment Technology & International Affairs at the Vienna University of Technology, funded by Die Presse. (The 2019 round of applications has now closed. Please check back next year for the 2020 round).
- Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen Five-Month Fellowship for International Students in Austria, 2019/20 – Five-month fellowships for visual and media artists, art critics, theorists and curators from around the world, offered by the Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen. (Call for the 2019/20 applications is now closed.)
To study in Belgium:
- CIUF-CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries – Opportunities to gain funding to study in Belgium for training or research at master’s level. Open to students internationally. (The call for applications for the academic year 2019-2020 is now closed. The next call will be in September 2019.)
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries – Annually offering scholarships for students from developing countries in parts of Africa, Asia and Latin America to undertake training, research or study in Belgium at selected institutions.
- Ghent University Top-up Grants – Scholarships for students from developing countries who are new students of English-taught master’s degrees at the Ghent University in Belgium.
- KU Leuven Science Scholarships for International Students – The Science@Leuvenscholarship is aimed at international students interested in undertaking study in Belgium at master’s level within the faculty of science at KU Leuven. (Registration for 2019/20 is now closed).
- KU Leuven IRO PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries – Open to prospective PhD students from developing countries to study in Belgium within the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation at KU Leuven.
To study in the Czech Republic:
- Czech Government Scholarships for Developing Countries – Government scholarships enabling international students to undertake study (at bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level) at institutions across the Czech Republic. Czech is the language of instruction for most programs offered. 2019/2020 Scholarships are no longer available, check back in July 2019 for the next round.
- Masaryk University Faculty of Arts – The Department of Czech for Foreigners at Masaryk University awards four three-month scholarships worth 8,000 CZK per month for international students to study Czech language, literature and culture.
To study in France:
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students – Open to international students at master’s/PhD level wishing to study in France at selected institutions.
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students – Opportunities for bachelor’s and master’s degree students from outside of the EU to gain funding to study in France at Sciences Po.
- Fondation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women – MBA scholarships for students from developing countries in Africa and Asia to study in France at HEC Paris. Open to female students only.
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon – Scholarships to study one of the selected master’s programs at ENS de Lyon.
To study in Greece:
- Greek Government Scholarships for Foreign Students – More than 50 scholarships for international students wishing to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study or a research project in host universities and institutions across Greece. (Website is in Greek).
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Scholarships for international students to study in Greece at all study levels at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Scholarships To Study In Europe
To study in Hungary:
- Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students – Scholarships for international students to study in Hungary, funded by the Hungarian government. Open to students of master’s degrees in rural development and agribusiness, horticulture and agricultural water management.
- The Stipendium Hungaricum – Provides scholarships which cover tuition fees, medical insurance, accommodation and a monthly stipend for citizens of partner countries to study in Hungary at either bachelor’s or master’s level. (The call for the 2019/20 applications is now closed.)
For more information about studying in Hungary, visit our country guide >
To study in Ireland:
- Dublin Institute of Technology Centenary Scholarship Programme – Scholarships are available for students from any non-EU/EEA country to study a master’s degree at Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT).
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships – Scholarships awarded to high-caliber students from non-EU/EEA countries to study in Ireland for one year, amounting to €10,000.
- NUI Galway International Student Scholarships – Merit-based scholarships are available for international students at all study levels, and there also country-specific options for students from China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia or the US.
- Trinity College London International Scholarships – Various scholarships are available for all study levels, some aimed at students from particular countries (for example, the Claddagh Scholarship Programme is aimed at Chinese postgraduates, and the USA Undergraduate Scholarships).
- More scholarships to study in Ireland can be found here.
To study in Italy:
- Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students – Scholarships for international students to study a Master of Science program at Bocconi University. Includes a full tuition waiver.
- Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students – Scholarships for international students at all degree levels to study in Italy at various public institutions. Also open to Italian citizens living abroad (IRE).
- CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries – Scholarships from the University of Pavia (UNIPV), open to international students from developing countries to carry out research in collaboration with a professor. You must have an invitation letter from a professor to apply.
- University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students – Funding opportunities for international students at bachelor’s and master’s level to study in Italy at the University of Bologna.
- IMT School PhD scholarships – Fully funded scholarships by IMT School for Advanced Studies for International Students to study programs in Cognitive & Cultural Systems and Systems Science.
To study in the Netherlands:
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships for Excellent International Students – Merit-based scholarships to study in the Netherlands at the University of Amsterdam. Open to talented master’s degree students from outside the EU or EEA.
- Anne van den Ban Scholarships for Developing Countries at Wageningen University – Scholarships for international students from developing countries to study agriculture, food or environment-related programs at master’s level at Wageningen University. Sponsored by the Anne van den Ban Fund.
- Eric Bleumink Fund Scholarships at the University of Groningen – Open to all master’s level international students undertaking further study in the Netherlands at the University of Groningen.
- Holland Scholarship – Available for non-EEA international students to study at participating universities in the Netherlands at bachelor’s or master’s level.
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) – Merit-based scholarships for master’s degree (MA/MSc/LLM) students at Leiden University in the Netherlands. Not available to EU/EEA students.
- Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) – Government-funded international scholarships to study in the Netherlands on a short course, master’s or PhD. Prioritized candidates include female applicants and applicants from sub-Saharan Africa.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme – Nuffic-funded scholarships for students from developing countries in Asia and Latin America, including China, Indonesia, South Korea, Mexico and Brazil, to study in the Netherlands.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme – Scholarship opportunities for non-EEA students to study an English-taught master’s degree at Radboud University in Nijmegen, Netherlands. (Applications for 2019/20 are now closed.)
- UM High Potential Scholarships for International Students – Merit-based scholarships for international students to study in the Netherlands at master’s level at Maastricht University. Only open to students from outside of the EU/EEA. (The deadline for the 2019/20 applications has passed.)
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS) – International scholarships to study in the Netherlands on a selected master’s program at the University of Twente. Available for all students, both in and outside the EU.
- VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme (VUFP) – Scholarships for talented students to study a selection of English-taught master’s programs at VU University Amsterdam. Only for students who are not of Dutch nationality.
- World Citizen Talent Scholarship for International Students – Merit-based scholarships to study in the Netherlands offered by The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Open to master’s students from outside the Netherlands.
To study in Slovakia:
- Slovak Government Scholarships for Selected Developing Countries – Government-funded international scholarships for students from developing countries to pursue higher education in Slovakia at any degree level. Open to students from selected countries within the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Asia.
To study in Spain:
- GSE Scholarships – All master’s applicants are automatically considered for scholarships based on academic excellence at Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Zaragoza Logistics Center – Various scholarships for admitted students of master’s of logistics and related courses at this research institute, including scholarships for African students.
- Spanish Studies Abroad – Scholarships to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country, including a diversity scholarship for underrepresented students. Scholarships To Study In Europe
To study in Switzerland:
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarship Program – Merit-based scholarships are available to students who wish to pursue their master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists – Merit-based scholarship opportunities for international students undertaking postgraduate-level study in Switzerland at selected institutions.
- UNU Fellowship in International Organizations MBA Merit Scholarships – Scholarships to study in Switzerland at the University of Geneva on an MBA program. Open to mid-career professionals from developing countries only.