Bad credit often limits credit card options, but the Surge MasterCard credit card offers qualified applicants an unsecured credit card without a hefty security deposit.
The surge MasterCard credit card is issued by Celtic Bank, which is owned by continental finance. This company specializes in issuing credit cards to consumers who have less or bad credit scores.
Features of Surge Mastercard Credit Card
The surge MasterCard credit card is packed with several features that makes it one of the best secured credit card for rebuilding your credit history.
- Easy online application process.
- Free access to your vintage score.
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus.
- Manage your account 24/7 with online access.
- Automatic credit limit increase after making several on time payments.
- See if you’re pre-qualified without impacting your credit score.
Surge Mastercard Credit Card Basics
- Card type; unsecured/secured
- Interest rate;29.99% variable APR.
- Annual fee; $125 for the Ist year, $96 after.
- Security deposit; $0, $50, $100, $150, depending on your credit.
- Foreign transaction fees; 3%
- Cash advance fee;$5 or 5%
- Late payment fee; up to $40.
- Balance transfer fee; N/A.
- Rewards; none.
How Surge Mastercard Credit Card Works
As you use the surge MasterCard credit card, your usage will be reported to all three major credit bureaus – TransUnion, Expensan, and Equifax. With on time payments, low credit card utilization and responsible use, you can build up your credit score and eventually qualify for a better credit card.
You may also be eligible for a potential credit limit increase after six months of making the required minimum monthly payments. This can help lower your credit utilization, which is another factor that can positively impact your credit score.
You can get a credit limit between $300 and $750 with the surge MasterCard credit card, with no security deposit required. If you’re approved, you have instant access to cash without having to offer up your own cash first.
Drawbacks Of The Surge Mastercard Credit Card
The surge MasterCard credit card can help you achieve your goals of improving your credit history, but it will cost you. Upon approval the card charges a high annual fee, depending on your creditworthiness.
Along with a high annual fee, to start the card is equipped with a monthly maintenance fee beginning with your second year as a cardholder. Additional costs apply for unauthorized users, cash advance purchases and foreign transaction fees, making this less than appealing card and a last resort for credit boosting.
If you’re looking for a credit card to build up credit, you may be better off with the credit card options. Read our articles on credit cards for building credits.
Surge Mastercard Credit Card – Get Help
You can get help with your surge MasterCard credit card account by calling the customer service Number on the Page.