And there’s a high probability you’re using it. Actually, this is one of the largest and widest online platforms cutting across the globe from Asia, Antarctica, Africa, Europe, Australia, North America, and South America.
And what have you, all in the bid to promote or invariably enhance social interaction? Also, communication and promote peace and interpersonal relationship, with this, the world is a global village where you can connect to anyone on the surface of the earth.
What to Do If Your Facebook Account Is Hacked
However, being on this platform isn’t hard all you need do is:
- Download the Facebook app
- Register and sign-in, by providing essential information like your name, phone number for security reasons such as our subject of discourse.
- Search and connect with friends anywhere, and anytime.
Actually, a young American started this when he needed to connect with his parting friends, Mark Zuckerberg in the year 2004, precisely on the 4, February about 17years ago. It’s an American conglomerate based in melon park, California. Together with his friends: Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, his fellow roommates at Harvard college, young and highly dynamic individuals.
And do you know what? It is considered one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon.
How do Facebook Accounts Get Hacked?
Oh!!! has your account being hacked before, it is either there are unknown and dangerous applications on your phone or android or it may be hacked by hackers! You may ask, who are hackers? They are professionals that understand computer programming and language, they are highly skilled with the codings and encryption, due to their personal reasons they can hack anyone app, software, and system by *phishing*, fishing out your information by creating a portal akin to Facebook’s main page. Simple ways to know your account is hacked:
- Your email isn’t functioning well or is hacked.
- Your password has changed, your date of birth isn’t there or friend requests have been sent to unknown people or seeing messages you didn’t send.
How To Stop Hacked Account
Back to our main point of discussion, there are few tips I will give you that will help you retrieve your account or stop it from reoccurring, you’ve got so lucky. They are subsequently written below:
- You’ve got to change or reset your Facebook Password and also update it. The process is simple. Go to your settings, there you will see security and login, then press it. Having done this, just scroll down to log in and change. However, you have to do without alerting the hacker. Be very cautious.
- Very quick, I hope you’re following, go and report the hack by going to facebook.com/hacked/ which is the official website. I hope you understand?
- Try deleting some applications, which may be very suspicious to you. Some applications also contain viruses that may have hijacked your account. To do this, go to your settings then from their to apps and websites. Try going through the list, you will see *show all*, click on it which is on all active apps and websites. Then set a checkmark on apps and websites you will like to remove. Click on the Remove button on the top-right, then you can eventually delete.
- Now we are in the final stage, having kept you abreast with all this. It will be imperative for you to engage in damage control on the app. And not only that, inform your loved ones, friends, and family about what is occurring or transpiring to avoid and evade further damage.
However, in case you cannot access your account. You can contact your Facebook friends, through other social networks like email, or inform them through your mutual friend
Now you can rest assured, so go do it as soon as possible NOW!!!!