In order to get started on Xfinity.com, you are required to create an Xfinity ID that can help you access the Xfinity services offered online. You can create an Xfinity ID to access your Xfinity services online. You can also manage your Xfinity ID and create up to six secondary IDs through your My Account.
GETTING STARTED KIT
Shipping of your Getting Started kit can take three to five days for standard shipping and one to two days for expedited shipping (excludes Sunday). You will receive SMS text messages to walk you through the four steps along your journey:
- Start by verifying or creating your Xfinity ID
- Confirm your order
- Prepare for activation
- Activate your equipment
CREATING YOUR XFINITY ID
To create your Xfinity ID, go to xfinity.com/getstarted OR click on “Create an Xfinity ID” from any sign-in page.
- Verify your account by confirming some account details. Note that you can use either your mobile phone number or Social Security number (SSN), then click “Continue”
If you choose to verify by text message, enter the mobile phone number associated with your account, then click “Continue”
If you choose to verify my Social Security Number (SSN), you must enter the last four digits of the account holder’s Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, and phone number associated with the account. Then, click “Continue”.
- Once your account has been verified, you’ll have the option to enter your existing, personal email address. You will have 72 hours to click the link sent to your email. If you don’t click the link, your non-Comcast address will no longer be valid. However, you can still log in using the Xfinity ID or your Comcast.net email address. You can also add an email address to your account from the Settings tab in “My Account”.
When you are all set, you will see a confirmation page with different ways to access your account and “My Account” and mobile applications. By clicking Continue, you’ll either be sent back to the page you initially visited or automatically logged in to “My Account”
ACTIVATING YOUR XFINITY EQUIPMENT
Getting Started with Xfinity.com requires the installation and activation of your Xfinity equipment. There are three ways in which you can activate your Xfinity equipment. They are as follows;
- Activate your Xfinity equipment via the App.
- Activate your Xfinity equipment online.
- Activate your Xfinity equipment using the TV.
Xfinity App gives you the ability to turn any Apple or Android mobile device into a personal TV screen on their Xfinity Stream app, which is available to all Xfinity TV customers, including those who have Xfinity Instant TV
It should be noted that some features vary depending on your location and level of service. Mobile data usage rates will apply when connected to any 3G/4G/LTE network.
It should be noted that to access “My Account” on your smartphone or tablet you must download the free app on Apple or Android. Sign in with your new Xfinity ID and password.